|Thirteen of my favorite NES games
1. A Nightmare on Elm Street. There weren’t very many things I’d rather do on a late Saturday night than fight against the infamous, evil Freddy Krueger. I’d turn off all the lights and turn up the volume. It wasn’t the most popular NES game, but I was a rabid fan of the movies and I think that the game was fun, if not more than a little cheesy.
2. Duck Hunt. I admit it…I was a cheater of the worst kind. I’d get super close to the screen and my score showed it. I had one of the classic guns for the system and when the orange guns came out I thought it was the strangest thing.
3. Friday the 13th. Another of my favorite horror games. So the storyline is horribly flawed, and the gameplay is no different from many of the other side-scrollers, but I enjoyed it.
4. Jeopardy! I’ve always loved trivia, and after watching the show with my parents for years I was thrilled when I saw that they’d made a game. The down-side? After playing so many times you memorize the answers.
5. Marble Madness. This was such an addicting game! I tried to copy my success like with other games, but what worked once might not work again. This was one of my very favorites.
6. Mickey Mousecapades. I always thought the game was a little strange, but I loved it anyway. Minnie was stolen at the most inopportune moments and Mickey always played the valiant rescuer.
7. Paperboy. The game wasn’t particularly exciting, but there was a certain satisfaction to be had by making sure all the houses got papers. Every once in awhile I would purposely break windows and knock people down because it was funny.
8. Q*Bert. I loved this game, but wasn’t very good at it. I hated Coily.
9. Simpsons: Bart Vs. the Space Mutants. When the Simpsons craze first began (after Tracy Ullman of course) I was as smitten as just about everyone else. I liked this game because the feel was so similar to the cartoon.
10. Super Mario Bros. My first foray into Nintendo! I can’t think of a single person who doesn’t like this game. I was hooked and spent months perfecting my game to get the quickest time.
11. Super Mario Bros. 2. I was a big fan of the Mario games and this one, though not as good as the others, was a lot of fun too. I liked that you could pick from four characters and each of them had a special purpose. I always chose the Princess and I’m convinced that Mario Bros. 2 is the reason why I always pick the Princess when playing Mario games now.
12. Super mario Bros. 3. My favorite of the Mario Bros. games. I was amazed when I saw the game for the first time, in the movie The Wizard. The graphics were amazing and the gameplay was fantastic! I loved all the different costumes Mario could change in to. The Tanuki suit was the best.
13. Yoshi’s Cookie. Ever since the first time I saw Yoshi in a Mario game I thought he was adorable. Yoshi’s Cookie was a great puzzle game and I could zone on it for hours.
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
2. Ann Aguirre
7. Carrie Lofty
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants