Yesterday was a complete blur.  I spent the entire day out of the house.  Normally this would be a good thing, but not so yesterday.

I had stayed up late on Monday night, knitting, web surfing and moping about various things.  Because of that I slept in on Tuesday morning until about 10:55.  I got up, went to the potty and as I was making my way into the living room my phone rang.  It was my mom and she sounded terrible.  She asked me to look up the symptoms of salmonella and that’s pretty much where it went downhill.

I wound up getting a ride to my parents house from my father in law because my mom told me that she hadn’t been able to keep even sips of water down since she got sick around midnight the night before.  She was just going to let me go and I guess…I don’t know…suffer?  My dad was down sick with it too and neither of them could get around on their own, much less drive.

There was a lack of communication on my parents part because my mom swore the chicken she baked for their Easter dinner was thoroughly cooked, but my dad told me he’d spit out a piece that was pink.  Ugh.  My mom was able to procure appointments for both of them with their doctor, so thankfully an ER visit wasn’t necessary.  I always joke that my mom would have to be sick or dying to allow me to drive her Highlander…well…

I took them to their appointments, holding on to my mom most of the way.  She laid down in the back seat and I KNEW how sick she had to be because my mom’s a bit of a control freak.  I’ve seen my mom pretty sick before and though I was worried, I mainly just kept a close eye on her.  What really screwed with me was seeing my dad so sick.  He was shaking and kept putting his head in his hands.  Seeing the man you grew up with like that when he’s always been the strongest person in the world to you is fucking frightening.  He’s had several health problems the past year or so and it’s been scary seeing him lose some of that superhero power I’ve come to expect from him.

I was able to get their scripts dropped off, them taken home and then back to Walmart to pick the medication up.  My mom got a cramp near her ribcage and tried to get on the floor to work it out herself!  Grr!  I jacked my back up picking her up off the floor, but seriously, I didn’t even really notice until later.  Paul came over to get me after he’d gotten off work and I’d finally gotten them both settled.  I need to call this morning to see how they fared through the night.  I didn’t have a cup of coffee or a bite to eat until I got home at about 5:00 last night so I scarfed down some dinner and was in bed by 8:00.

So, that was my day.  Certainly “exciting”, but not something that I want to repeat any time soon!  I just hope my parents recuperate soon…I’ve had nasty cases of food poisoning before and I wouldn’t wish that on my worst enemy much less people I love.  Poor things 😦